Thursday, February 10, 2011

Of Mice and Men- Section 1

Questions:

1.How is section 1 the same/different from your expectations?
2.What dreams/ambitions do George and Lennie have?
3.Do you think their dreams will be fulfilled? Why or why not?
4.Personal reflection on Section 1: likes, dislikes, characters, setting, plot, dialogue, imagery
5.Three questions about what you’ve read so far:


Answers:

1.I expected this book to be very fascinating and to begin to teach me a lot about life as well as the true meaning of friendship. Obviously, because this is only the first part of the book, I can't exactly say much as happened. Though, so far the book sounds interesting and sounds like a whole mystery about to take place in only a span of 100 pages!

2.Their dreams and ambitions are to have a farm with bunnies.

3.I think there is a possibility of their dreams being fulfilled. I think that they are loyal friends to each other and will stand by one another at all times. In my opinion, i think their dreams and ambitions will come true and they will help one another to make this happen!

4.I like the imagery techniques used at the beginning of the book because it really puts you in a nice setting of where the book is taking place; a very pretty setting. The characters seem okay and sort of interesting, but i guess along the way, I will learn more about them. For the people who were speaking the dialogue of Lennie and George, it must have been hard as they had to implement an American accent/some sort of tone. It was very slangish and the text in the book, looked like it as hard to pronounce.

5:
a.Do they stay friends forever?
b.Does Lennie have a learning disability?
c.How come George is always yelling at Lennie?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I like the first chapter as well. For the second question, I agree however Lennie wants rabbits that are different colors. I also think that their dreams will be fulfilled by working together. Overall, I agree with you on the four questions above, good job!

    I think that Lennie and George will stay friend forever. And I don't think that Lennie has a learning disability, I just think that he has a lack of education. And George keeps yelling at Lennie because Lennie always gets them in trouble.

    ReplyDelete