Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Secondary Character

I chose to write about Curley's wife. In my opinion, I think she is very flirtacious and she flirts to get what she wants. She is very attention seeking, and from how she has been described in the book, it seems like she thinks everything kind of revolves around her. She seems pretty and nice on the outside but i think on the inside, she is really mean. She is nice because she knows people will give her what she wants. Once she gets what she wants, I think she is a mean and stubborn person.

Some quotes which help state my point:
1) She looked at her fingernails. "Sometimes Curley's in here," she explained. - I think in this quote she is trying not to look like she wants attention but she is looking down at her fingernails. I don't really know how to describe it, but i think Curley's wife is maybe trying to distract them.

2) "if he aint, i guess I better look someplace else," she said playfully. - I think she is flirting and trying to have the men become attracted and turned on by her.

3) "Oh!" She put her hands behind her back and leaned towards the door frame so that her body was thrown forward. - I think she is again, trying to turn them on. She is trying to get their attention (if she doesn't already have it).

Overall, I think Curley's wife is very flirtacious and flirts to get what she wants. She likes attention and uses her self to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment